Wednesday, June 29, 2011

jordan's cookie bouquet



Jordan had a dance recital last night. She was absolutely adorable! Could there be anything cuter than a five year old girl on stage smiling and dancing with complete joy?

Instead of flowers, I decided at the last minute, to make her a cookie bouquet. The recital was at 7:00 p.m., but there I was at 6:00 p.m. racing around trying to finish these. You really should let them dry overnight, but that was as long as I could make it. I roped Tom into helping me by having him cut the ribbon, so he was there watching me panic. I recently made these sugar cookies for a friend's wedding favors, but never into a bouquet: I was flying by the seat of my pants. I had planned to just put them in the cellophane bags and tie them together, but they totally sagged. I was frantically wracking my brain thinking of ideas: cardboard, sticks from somewhere in the house - anything to give it some sort of support. Leave it to Tom to come to my rescue! He suggested we use some silver plastic knives we had left over from Jimmy and Liesa's wedding. They worked perfectly - in a red-neck sort of way. (Ha Ha) I definitely want to make more of these, and I plan to use these knives until they are gone! So, if you ask for one, you'll have a few knives to use later.

Anyway, Jordan loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment