Wednesday, July 27, 2011

my gift to tom: a bicycle built for two!


I must say that I was so, so, so excited to give this to Tom. I really wanted to come up with something good. I knew I couldn't top his thirty day countdown idea, but I at least wanted to surprise him. He's not easy to surprise, and not easy to find gifts for either. So, when this idea popped in my head, I was absolutely thrilled on a few levels. First: he just had his 6th knee surgery about a month ago, and one of the things he can do is ride a bike. But, how much more fun could it be right next to each other. Plus, if he gets tired, I can do most of the work. Second: it's for an anniversary gift. The symbolism of a bike for two on an anniversary is so perfect! I think it should be the gift for the 30th from now on! Well, maybe a little earlier in the marriage - before knees are hurting. Ha Ha Forget the diamonds or pearls or gold or whatever. The bike inspires togetherness and activity and bonding and love! We can ride to the beach or the woods or take it with us out of town, so we can sight-see together. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment