Friday, July 1, 2011

twenty-six: birkenstock sandals


Birkenstock! Oh my goodness, do these ever bring back sweet memories. Tom and I used to play co-ed soccer - like up to three different leagues a week, plus we'd travel to tournaments. It was so fun. We stopped after Tom had multiple knee surgeries. He was so fast and scored so many goals. I was a decent player, and held my own, but he was amazing. *sigh* Anyway, after the games we noticed most of the players were putting on Birkenstocks. Up to that point, whenever I saw people wearing these, I just thought they were hippies wearing ugly shoes. Yuck! Sandals with socks! It was so weird. Then one time at a tournament in Mendocino, my big toenail was practically peeled off (eek!), and I couldn't put on a regular shoe. Off we went to a cute shoe shop in town. And that's how I got my very first pair of Birkenstock sandals. I still have those original ones. The new ones have been upgraded in the foot bed. Now they have a bit of extra padding and are even more comfortable. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment