Saturday, July 16, 2011

sixteen: sheepskin boots


Tom knows I love to wear sheepskin slippers and boots. I have lots of UGGs, but I use other brands to tromp out to the chicken house in the winter. But, first, I have to wear them around, and get them a bit dirty. I don't do that with fresh boots.

I got my first pair of UGG boots about sixteen years ago, when the kids were playing lots of sports. I still have them - check out the picture below. They are green, and they've been repaired on the toes. They weren't popular back then, and my kids were embarrassed whenever I had them on. It might have been because I always wore them with a big, green, down coat that almost went down to my ankles. I'm sure I looked like a big green marshmallow. I didn't care. In my mind, this was perfect nighttime soccer attire. I'd pull my hood over my head and shove my hands deep in my pockets: I don't like getting cold! Eventually, UGGs became popular, and mine were considered vintage. I remember young girls in high school telling me how much they loved my UGGs. Ha Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment