Tuesday, July 19, 2011

thirteen, twelve, elven, ten: family portraits

My grown-up kids!

A couple of days ago, Stephanie told me not to come to her house because Dad was having her do something for him, which had to do with the thirty anniversary gifts. She said I needed to call her first. I assumed, wrongly, that whatever she was doing would be inside her house. So, I called, like she asked me to. When there was no answer, I again wrongly assumed that she was all done, because if she was outside, she was obviously doing chores or something fun. I needed to go to Tom's mom house to put all her week's medicine in the container, and I decided to bicycle there. I pass by Stephanie's house on the way to mom-in-law's.

My little kids

As I get to Stephanie's, I hear all kinds of giggling, laughing, and happy screams. I think our grandkids are out playing, until I see Jimmy chasing a ball down: Jimmy doesn't live at Stephanie's. Then I see Casey, who also doesn't live there. First, I think, "Hey! What are you all doing having a good time without inviting me?" And I have to admit, my feelings were a bit hurt.

The whole family!

So, I yell out, "Hey! What are you guys doing?" But I stay up on the road on the bright pink, Schwinn cruiser bike, complete with basket in the front (so cute) because I also think, "Uh-oh," when I see more of the family come from around the corner and everyone is wearing blue. Stephanie says, "Mom! I told you to call." I say, "I did, but you didn't answer. I thought you were done." At this point, everyone is laughing at me, teasing and saying, "You just couldn't stand it." "You had to come down."

Old-Fashioned Fun

Stephanie was the photographer for all these picture - and they are really, really good. Taking a picture of a photo in a frame does not do any of them justice. Thank you so much, Stephanie. You are a sweet, talented and generous daughter. Thank you to all of my kids, JW, Casey, Jasmin, Jimmy, Liesa, Jordan, Malley, and Samson for spending all that time giggling and smiling - just for me. And, thank you to my dear, sweet husband for being so thoughtful. I love all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment